Cult + King
PRETTY WITHOUT THE POISON
CUlt + King is obsessed with ingredients! They believe that natural, botanical ingredients inherently lead to real beauty. That means sweating the details of every single ingredient in their products: Purest essential oils. Ethically-harvested natural botanicals.Chock full of organic ingredients. pH balanced for skin and hair.
THE “DO” LIST : In CULT+KING Products, you will find lots of these:
- Organic Ingredients.
- Essential Oils.
- Botanical Extracts.
- Vitamins and Minerals.
- Sustainably Sourced Ingredients.
THE “DON’T” LIST : CULT+KING Products achieve amazing performance without ANY of these:
- Aluminum Powder, including elemental aluminum, aluminum oxide (aka alumina), aluminum salts, and aluminum hydroxide.
- Animal Oils, including animal musks, animal fats, lanolin, cholesterol, lactose and keratin.
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole).
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene).
- Carmine, including Cochineal, Cochineal Extract, Crimson Lake, or Carmine Lake, Natural Red 4 C.I. 75470.
- Chemical Sunscreens, including SPFs, Avobenzone, Benzophenone; Diphenylmethanone; Diphenyl Ketone; 119-61-9; Benzoylbenzene; Phenyl Ketone; Oxybenzone; 2-Hydroxy-4 Methoxybenzophenone; 131-57-7; Benzophenone-3; (2-Hydroxy-4-Methoxyphenyl), and Octinoxate.
- EDTA, including Calcium Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, and Trisodium EDTA.
- Ethanolamines, including DEA/TEA/MEA/ETA.
- Ethoxylated Ingredients, including Ceteareth-20; Emulsifying wax: PEGS (Polyethylene Glycol compounds), PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-40; Polysorbate-20, Polysorbate-40; Steareth-20; Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate.
- Formaldehydes, including Dmdm Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Quaternium-15, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Polyoxymethylene Urea, 5-Bromo-5-Nitro-1,3 Dioxane, Glyoxal, Methenamine, Benzylhemiformal.
- “Glycols”, including Polypropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol and Dipropylene Glycol.
- Lanolin and Keratin.
- Methyl Cellosolve or 2-Methoxyethanol.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone.
- Synthetic Nanoparticles.
- Nitromusks and Polycyclic musks.
- Parabens including Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.
- Petrolatum, Parafin and Mineral Oil.
- Phthalates, including Dibutyl Phthalate, aka DBP, or DEHP, and DEP.
- Propane and Isobutane Propellants.
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, including Benzalkonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride and Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey.
- Retinyl Palmitate.
- Silicones of all types, including Dimethicone and Cyclic Silicones including cyclotetrasiloxane (D4), cyclopentasiloxane (D5), cyclohexasiloxane (D6), and cyclomethicone.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
- Synthetic Colorants.
- Synthetic Fragrance.
- Toluene (unless naturally occurring).
- Triclosan and Triclocarban.